You can find PCManFM within the panel at the bottom of the screen - the 2nd icon from left... or where is this PCManFM located?
Have a look at Cheatcodes.
Hello klaus2008 thanks for the help.
I doubt my PC is so advanced anyway these are my specs: http://prntscr.com/2m0h0n
Can you tell from this info if that's the case?
Otherwise can you point me in the right direction on these nodrm or nofb cheatcodes and how to use them?
Thank you.
You can find PCManFM within the panel at the bottom of the screen - the 2nd icon from left... or where is this PCManFM located?
Have a look at Cheatcodes.
Yes it worked thank you!
Of course problems didn't stop there since, once in Knoppix, it wouldn't let me mount my Windows partition citing an "unclean file system" and problems with the hibernation file despite I have hibernation and sleeping disabled.
This can be sorted disabling quick boot in bios and restarting the system (not shutting down and re-powering) if anyone ends in my same problems.
Hi Werner P. Schulz,
Although I managed to make Knoppix work that solution is not the best to copy stuff off my ext hdd since it's very slow and cuts me off from my PC for hours on end.
I did try your suggestion in VirtualBox but the hdd never appeared (I waited 15 minutes or so) although I did get the Windows pop up that tells me it's
loaded in VirtualBox.
Any further step I might attempt?
Thank you.
Are you sure the usb device doesn't appear within the left side of PCManFM?I did try your suggestion in VirtualBox but the hdd never appeared (I waited 15 minutes or so) although I did get the Windows pop up that tells me it's loaded in VirtualBox.
Please follow my suggestion once more and tell us the output ofandCode:blkidin the terminal.Code:mount
Hi Werner P. Schulz,
This is the result: http://prntscr.com/2nzja4
Any good news?
Thank you
I cannot see in your example if you are working within VirtualBox or not. Please compare it with my example; here you can see my external drive "KNOPPIX" (/dev/sdb1) mounted as '/media/sdb1'.
Hi Werner P. Schulz,
Yes I was working within VirtualBox when i took the screenshot.
It is all the same to your picture, I just miss the tick symbol next to the usb hdd but, as i wrote previously, Windows does tell me it disconnected the usb drive and connected it inside Virtualbox.
Maybe i created the virtual box with wrong parameters (I used the recommended ones in the walkthrough)?
Thank you.
So when I add the disk like you showed me in the picture it doesn't appear as I told you.
But if after a while I try to add it again this is the result:
http://prntscr.com/2o63r1
http://prntscr.com/2o63sc
I don't mind waiting but, if that is the problem, how long does it take?
The drive does nothing and doesn't spin so i doubt is that.
Thank you.
If all went well you can see the USB drive in the VirtualBox guest within about five seconds. I fear your external drive has a serious damage.I don't mind waiting but, if that is the problem, how long does it take?
@ Threshold:
I would suggest that you terminate your VirtualBox session and wait until Windows says your HDD has been connected. Then restart your VirtualBox session and reconnect your HDD to the VirtualBox.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00