Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Won't boot from SCSI RAID (forgive typo below)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1

    Won't boot from SCSI RAID (forgive typo below)

    I have had luck boot from IDE system...no problem.

    I have another computer with SCSI RAID including SCSI CD-ROM. I can boot from other CD (e.g. Windows XP Install CD); however, I am unable to boot Knoppix CD

    During the start-up process my RAID recognizes that the Knoppix CD is bootable, it labels it as the boot device, then it proceeds to boot from HD.

    I'm a newbie Linux user, but I have a small amount of experience tweaking (and smacking!) my hardware and usually end up getting it to do what I want...In this case however, I have hit a brick wall.

    I hope someone has some suggestions!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101
    REF: http://www.the-welters.com/professio...-recovery.html

    Go to the Section: Starting Point / Common procedures:

    This might help...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101
    REF: http://www.sysopt.com/forum/printthr...hreadid=131754

    Do an Search on Yahoo: on boot-up bios recognizes cd-rom scsi disk as bootable but boots from hdd

    May find what you are looking for ...

Similar Threads

  1. Raid arrays not found on boot
    By corkypa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
  2. Raid IDE on boot
    By master_b in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:51 AM
  3. knoppix 3.2 doesn't boot on MSI K7T Turbo+Raid
    By alexk195 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 01:33 AM
  4. SW/RAID with 2 SCSI-HDS
    By scoozme in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:44 AM
  5. ide-scsi problems, can't boot?
    By Locri in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE picture

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE

$450.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is) picture

IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)

$6999.99