-
Junior Member
registered user
knppix as a winxp ics client
I am trying knoppix 3.2 cd on my laptop, and I am using my winxp box's ICS (the ICS worked fine with my laptop running winxp as a ICS client). When I ran netcardconfig on the laptop, a message promted after a few seconds:
Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0 Operation failed.
Failed.
I then tried to connect the laptop directly to my cable modem. This time, the network is automaticly setup and I can access the internet. So, the problem seems to be between winxp ICS and knoppix. I did some digging in the previous posts and but could not find a solution. Could someone please advise on how to diagnose and fix?
Thanks much.
Similar Threads
-
By Matrox462 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 03:00 AM
-
By lor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM
-
By BigM in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:34 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350
$325.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99