-
Making Firefox/Iceweasel accessible by Orca in Adriane-Knoppix 7.2
My friend, Cosmin, found the solution for this problem. In terminal please type:
Code:
sudo su
cd /usr/lib
ln -s i386-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0 .
After this you can start in Adriane -> Graphical programs -> Start full X session and run Iceweasel. No downgrade or are other actions are required.
This fix is described in full here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=743580
-
Well, I can confirm that this fix works. still need to downgrade Adriane-x to version 1.4 to get the Firefox option in the graphical programs submenu, but at least that down't require adding Debian oldstable to one's sources.list. Naturally, this fix needs to be made known to Claus Knopper in hopes that it can be implemented in the public release of 7.3 and the Firefox option readded in the newer version of adriane-x.
-

Originally Posted by
Jeffery Mewtamer
still need to downgrade Adriane-x to version 1.4 to get the Firefox option in the graphical programs submenu
I think that only uncommenting the lines 29-31 from /usr/bin/adriane-x will do the trick instead of downgrading.
-
I had a feeling there was a config file for the menu entries, but had no idea where is was located. Removed a few #'s and the menu option reappeared.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Good news.
KK was already following this problem. In regard to its solution,
presumably that noted earlier in this thread, he says:
already saw this, tried it and it works.
What really puzzles me is the fact that this patch is not necessary
when running orca from a gnome-session, something must be different there.
I will include the patch in the after-cebit-edition.
Thanks®ards
-Klaus
Last edited by utu; 03-20-2014 at 02:40 PM.
-
Well, after using this fix a few days, I got to say Orca 3.4 is an overall improvement over Orca 2.3 with my only complaint being its insistence on reading the time elapsed field on YouTube videos(at least with HTML5 playback). Trying to find a fix for that little annoyance, I discovered that in 7.2, the Orca preferences window is inaccessible and this fix doesn't work to make it accessible(and I double-checked with vanilla Knoppix 7.2 to confirm my alterations weren't the cause). I guess this bug was overlooked on account of being overshadowed by Firefox/Iceweasel being inaccessible and the Downgrade Fix fixing both problems. As for the above fix being unneeded when using Gnome instead of LXDE, I am going to assume crippling over-specialization: by making Orca better integrated into the Gnome Desktop, the orca devs negatively impacted compatibility with other DEs.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00