-
Knoppix 7.3.0: comments, suggestions, tips & tricks
Please post in here your Knoppix 7.3.0 comments, suggestions, tips & tricks.
-
Knoppix 7.3.0 "universal" minirt_730.gz init ram disk
Hello,
After finding out that the knoppix-terminalserver of Knoppix 7.3.0
is rejecting the 64bits config because different kernel modules
need to be loaded, I modified the init script to fix this issue and
created some kind of a "universal" minirt.gz replacement which
can be used for all boot configurations: normal cd/dvd boot,
usb boot, hdd boot (including from ntfs), pxe boot (nfs or smb),...
I also added some other very useful modules when running under
virtualisation like vmware: BusLogic.ko mptbase.ko mptscsih.ko
mptspi.ko and of course the ptp.ko pps_core.ko besides all the
network 32 and 64 bits kernel modules for the pxe network boot.
Best Regards,
Gilles
cf: http://knoppix.net/forum/showthread....598#post130598
-
VMware tools on Knoppix 7.3.0: /mnt/hgfs shared folder not working
Hello,
I finally got the latest VMwareTools-9.6.1-1378637.tar.gz (VMWare Workstation 10.0.1)
to compile with the Linux Kernel 3.13.0 and run properly on the latest Knoppix 7.3.0 using
https://github.com/rasa/vmware-tools-patches
except that the very useful /mnt/hgfs shared folder does dot work properly:
ls -al /mnt/hgfs ==> ls: cannot open directory /mnt/hgfs: Not a directory
All suggestions are welcome (besides waiting for the next VMware Tools release)
Thanks,
Gilles
-
Knoppix 7.3.0 with 3D support/rendering (compiz) underVMware (not working yet)
Hello,
I am trying to get 3D rendering (compiz) with Knoppix 7.3.0 under VMware (Knoppix as a Linux guest)
using my script: http://s94002264.onlinehome.us/grub/...uild_3d.sh.txt
So far everything builds now but 3D still does not work as I got it working previously for previous Knoppix, cf:
http://knoppix.net/forum/showthread....l=1#post129607
All helps and suggestions are welcome.
Best Regards,
Gilles
-
Senior Member
registered user
English (machine) translation of Knoppix 7.3 CeBIT version FYI
http://translate.google.com/translat...Dknoppix%2B7.3
You may need to add Google Translate to your browser for this.
Last edited by utu; 04-06-2014 at 04:50 PM.
-
Any idea when we will see a downloadable release of 7.3x?
-
Senior Member
registered user
.
Last year's March 2013 CeBIT version of Knoppix
was not replaced by 7.2.0 until June 27, 2013.
-
Any chance to download it anywhere?
Can't anyone create a torrent?
I want 7.3.0 as it introduces experimental uefi boot, which I'd love to try.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ramoncio
I want 7.3.0 as it introduces experimental uefi boot, which I'd love to try.
Greetings, ramoncio.
You might see how Knoppix 7.2 works with UEFI while we are waiting for the 'Community Edition'
of Knoppix 7.3 to arrive.
FYI: Knoppix 7.2.0 Release Notes on Klaus K's site includes the following:
Experimental support for UEFI-Boot (DVD: 32 and 64bit, CD: only 32bit) after installation
on USB flash disk.
And, there has been some Knoppix 7.2.0 UEFI discussion on this forum which you might audit
if you haven't already done so. 'UEFI' in the forum Advanced Search box gives seven entries
in addition to your post.
-
Is it possible to buy a copy of Knoppix 7.3.0 anyplace? I read that it has not been released to the public yet for download.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lot of 2 Cisco 10-3107-01 SFP-10G-LR-S S-Class SFP+ 10G LR SMF LC Transceiver
$59.95

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70