Welcome
I use the distribution NOPPIX , and I want to know how I can create users and switch between them.
Thank you
Welcome
I use the distribution NOPPIX , and I want to know how I can create users and switch between them.
Thank you
Knoppix is a Lifesystem without the ability for multiuser usage.
Greetings, Karam.How can I create multiple users and switch between them in Knoppix?
Knoppix is a different sort of Linux distribution than most.
My perspective on this is as follows:
Most Linux distributions are designed to be installed to a hard drive
and subsequently operated from there.
Most Linux installations support multiple users in a Unix-like fashion.
Most Linux distributions would not be characterized as being very
portable and/or not likely to work with equal ease with just about
any pc-like computer.
Most Linux distributions inadequately support hardware that needs
proprietary information for its drivers.
Knoppix is basically a single-user implementation of Debian Linux.
Although Knoppix may be installed to a hard drive, it is designed
more specifically to be used as a LiveCD or LiveUSB implementation.
One is urged to install Debian itself to hard drive rather than use
Knoppix in this fashion. Although there are some who find utility
in a 'poor-man's install', where a Knoppix LiveUSB image is applied
rather to a hard drive.
Knoppix makes the greatest effort of any Linux distribution to support
all common hardware even if it does need proprietary information.
One additional peculiar difference between Knoppix and most other
Linux distributions is that its author may take some liberties in
combining different categories of repository material. That is,
some edgy versions of Debian packages may be used together with more
stable collections Debian of packages, usually in pursuit of some
better measure of performance, but only after his due diligence in
reqard to the suitability and stability of the exceptional combination.
The highlighted beginning of Werner's response gives his and other
senior forum members views on the unique features of Knoppix.

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco 10-3388-01 SFP-10/25G-CSR-S SFP28 CSR 10G/25G MMF 850nm LC Transceiver
$105.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
CISCO SFP-GE-Z , 1000BASE-ZX SFP 1550nm 70km DOM
$69.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00