-
Installation problem while reinstall !!! (HDD Install)
My problem is :
I installed Knoppix on HDD - everything was allright.
My only problem was that the Root password was wrong and i couln't get it !
So I tryed to reinstall knoppix this way :
1. Started Knoppix from CD
2. Started Hdd-install
3. Deleted the Partiton (set the partition to Win95/FAT32)
4. Formated this Partition with FAT32
5. Started Knoppix from CD
6. Saw that 10 hda's where displayed (no hda was readable !!!)
7. Started hdd-install again
8. Made the FAT32 Partition to one Linux Swap (500MB) and one Linux (3000MB)
9. Installation stoped after creating Swap Partition !!!! (nothing happend)
I wanted to create a ext3 Partition and then
In the Console was displayed something like writing super blocks on HDD or something like this. At this point nothing happend !!!
I waited over five minutes but nothing happend !!!
What is wrong ?
And what's with the 10 hda's ? I've at least only 7 !!!
The ten hda's are not displayed if I delete the Partition and let it free disk space ! But then I can't install Knoppix on HDD so what can I do ?
How can I delete all the Partion- I think there is something on it - just even if I formated it !!!
Please can you help me ?
Mad_Max_FX
Similar Threads
-
By cryptos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By shearroller in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
-
By timread in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By cvaezp in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:44 AM
-
By kingarthur in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00