-
Boot, USB 3.0 PCIe Add-on card, No "expansion ROM," No "ROM emulation"
Beginner, here --To obtain 3.0 capability I added a USB PCIe expansion card (Renasas controller) to an older computer (MSI G41M-P25).
Everything works as it should except I can't boot from the 3.0 USB flash device attached to the card, because this computer's BIOS doesn't recognize the device as "bootable" -- either because it doesn't recognize any device on a PCI bus as "bootable" or because it doesn't recognize any USB 3.0 device as "bootable."
ASSUME the card does not include "expansion ROM" or "ROM emulation." (Likely, it was only $13)
Is there some way I can boot from a device plugged into this card?
Note: If asking for info please give me the command to get the info. As I said, I'm a beginner.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65