Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: problem installing knoppix usb

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by terapin View Post
    I couldn't reproduce the error message, only the returning to the $ which it did. But, I managed to put knoppix on the USB.I found I was getting the problem of it returning to the $, when I ran flash-knoppix from the ctrl-F2 shell. When I ran it from a terminal shell within the gui, then it worked.
    I should add, I quit the knoppix testcd 'cos there was no progress bar.. and now i got the USB flash made (running flash-knoppix within terminal in the GUI), it worked on both my USB sticks. I stopped the start sound "Initiating startup sequence" and the shutdown sound "Initiating shutdown sequence" with the cheatcode knoppix no startsound which i've added to my /mnt-system/boot/syslinux.cfg file knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system/boot/syslinux$ cat syslinux.cfg | head -n 1DEFAULT knoppix nostartsoundthanks

  2. #22
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I should add, I quit the knoppix testcd 'cos there was no progress bar..
    Be patient and wait! Otherwise you'll never be sure whether your download is integer or not. And therefore also your USB install may be worthless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Rare Vintage Epson SD-800 Dual Floppy Combo Drive 3.5

Rare Vintage Epson SD-800 Dual Floppy Combo Drive 3.5" & 5.25"

$199.00



Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord picture

Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord

$120.02



proventure greeting cards software windows cd new sealed vintage clipart creator picture

proventure greeting cards software windows cd new sealed vintage clipart creator

$21.09



Apple Vintage Joystick for Apple IIe IIc Computer Controller A2M2002 picture

Apple Vintage Joystick for Apple IIe IIc Computer Controller A2M2002

$72.50



Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands

$249.95



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$164.95



Commodore 64 Home Computer 64K Memory Vintage w/ Original Box picture

Commodore 64 Home Computer 64K Memory Vintage w/ Original Box

$240.00



VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8 picture

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8

$34.95



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT Intel Celeron 98 No Power Cords included picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT Intel Celeron 98 No Power Cords included

$150.00



Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested picture

Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested

$69.77