-

Originally Posted by
dwstarke
Enter the cheatcode "2" at the beginning of the boot. You can edit the syslinux.cfg file to make this automatic. Read "micro-remastering Knoppix" available online. or if the GUI boots, open a terminal and enter "init 2".
Problem i'm having is that with a cheatcode of knoppix 2, or of knoppix nodrm 2, then fine it doesn't start the GUI on boot, that's good. But, if I want to start the GUI I can't, I do startx and the GUI doesn't start.
With a cheatcode of knoppix<ENTER> the GUI starts but I don't want it to start automatically, only when I want.
Also, when the GUI starts I don't know how to exit the GUI. When I click the bottom left and "logout" I see "shutdown , reboot, suspend, hibernate, logout, cancel". and when I choose logout, it goes out the GUI then goes back into the GUI.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95