-

Originally Posted by
terapin
I couldn't reproduce the error message, only the returning to the $ which it did. But, I managed to put knoppix on the USB.I found I was getting the problem of it returning to the $, when I ran flash-knoppix from the ctrl-F2 shell. When I ran it from a terminal shell within the gui, then it worked.
I should add, I quit the knoppix testcd 'cos there was no progress bar.. and now i got the USB flash made (running flash-knoppix within terminal in the GUI), it worked on both my USB sticks. I stopped the start sound "Initiating startup sequence" and the shutdown sound "Initiating shutdown sequence" with the cheatcode knoppix no startsound which i've added to my /mnt-system/boot/syslinux.cfg file knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system/boot/syslinux$ cat syslinux.cfg | head -n 1DEFAULT knoppix nostartsoundthanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99