Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: how do i edit a post and how do I make carriage returns?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    how do i edit a post and how do I make carriage returns?

    whenever I post I find that all my ENTERs disappear.and the times when I have an option to edit a post, it sits loading.currently, when I look at this post of minehttp://knoppix.net/forum/showthread.php?31069-samba-window-won-t-close-on-wrong-user-passI don't see an 'edit this post' option.it just has 'reply' 'reply with quote' and 'multi-quote this message'

  2. #2
    ok werner has pointed out the problem is with Chrome and the forum, but IceWeasel is fine.

    Now my ENTERs are preserved, but I still can't see an "Edit this post" option on the post above.

    Screenshot from 2014-05-23 15:03:29.png

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    For normal users this option is only available for a short time.

  4. #4
    Dear terapin (your post #1)

    1. Fix for "all my ENTERs disappear", when using Chromium browser:

    Go to
    http://knoppix.net/forum/forum.php .

    Log in.

    Go to
    ForumActions/GeneralSettings/MiscellaneousOptions/MessageEditorInterface.

    Change the "Message Editor Interface" from "Enhanced Interface" to "Basic
    Editor". Click "Save Changes" at bottom right of page. Log out, and close that
    tab window (or vice versa - not sure if it matters).

    I had same trouble as you. After I did the above fix, when I prepared subsequent posts, the ENTERs didn't
    disappear, ie the post displayed properly.


    2. Fix for "when I have an option to edit a post, it sits loading", when using
    Chromium browser:

    This is a get-round. Don't left-click "Edit Post", but RIGHT-click it. Click
    "Open Link in New Tab". The new tab window allows you to do the edit.

    Regards, John.
    Last edited by winger9; 05-31-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Clarified some text.

  5. #5
    thanks that works very well.. the how to edit and the how to keep carriage returns..

    i'd add that to find that 'message editor interface' option, it's at this link http://knoppix.net/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

    or settings here http://i.imgur.com/4U128tq.png then

    scroll down

    my account..general settings http://i.imgur.com/SZ9fDMG.png

    and http://i.imgur.com/ClSG89I.png (miscellaneous options..message editor interface..basic editor)

    When writing a post I don't see any button to make an image link and an image tag written manually gets eaten but that's not a big problem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99