Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Knoppix won't detect hardware

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Knoppix won't detect hardware

    Hello, I recently got a Knoppix boot cd but it won't detect any hardware. could someone please help me with this?
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 07-06-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: multiple question marks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    It could be helpful to know the version of Knoppix.

    You should also describe your system as complete as possible.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Please tell us more!
    What Knoppix version?
    Integrity of Knoppix DVD tested with the cheatcode
    Code:
    knoppix testcd
    Which computer are you using, size of RAM?
    Hardware ok by then?
    What do you see starting with Knoppix?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9
    I'm using a dell latitude. RAM 512mb knoppix 7.2 I think it's boot only.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9
    Windows that is on the computer detects hardware fine. What else do you want to know about the computer? When I boot knoppix i see a knoppix folder on the upper left and at the bottom is the task bar.

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    When I boot knoppix i see a knoppix folder on the upper left and at the bottom is the task bar.
    Well, Knoppix recognizes your computer, the graphikcard and the monitor.

    What are you missing?
    What about "knoppix testcd"?
    Did you try the Knoppix menu (1st icon within the taskbar)?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Well, Knoppix recognizes your computer, the graphikcard and the monitor.

    What are you missing?
    What about "knoppix testcd"?
    Did you try the Knoppix menu (1st icon within the taskbar)?
    When I plug hardware in, such as using a sata/IDE to USB adapter to test a hard drive. Yes I tried the menu. Where do you want me to type the code?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I suggest that you try the following.


    1. Boot your computer from the Knoppix CD.
    2. Connect your HDD to the SATA/IDE adapter and switch on the power of your HDD.
    3. Plug in your USB adapter and open the PCMan Filemanager.
    4. Tell us if there are new partitions to select.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I suggest that you try the following.


    1. Boot your computer from the Knoppix CD.
    2. Connect your HDD to the SATA/IDE adapter and switch on the power of your HDD.
    3. Plug in your USB adapter and open the PCMan Filemanager.
    4. Tell us if there are new partitions to select.
    Yes it worked!!! Thank you very much!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hello!
    I have HP Compaq nc 6220 and XP Pro SP3 on it, 1GB RAM, C drive 80GB, no other partition. Hard disks crashed. I downloaded and burned Knoppix 7.2 on DVD. When I boot off of it I cannot see HDD and there are no minimize, maximize and close buttons in the window when I open one. Also I cannot move the window. I wrote command ˝cat /proc/partitions˝ (without quotes) and I saw sda1 - my corrupt disk but now I donīt know how to access and rescue files off of it.
    When I replace infected HDD with healthy one and boot from the same Knoppix DVD, Knoppix works great but I donīt need it for the healthy disks.
    Can anyone help please. Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD

$599.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00