Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Knoppix won't detect hardware

Threaded View

  1. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thank you Mr. Schulz for the reply. I am an absolute beginner, but today when I booted Knoppix DVD on my laptop with infected HDD I could normally close, minimize and maximize windows. I did press F2 for help though in the boot prompt but only to snoop around and when I saw option (press I believe F3) Show Desktop I did that.

    Still it does not show any disks (partitions) in PCManFM only Knoppix, Desktop and Applications. When I typed suggested code I got this:
    Code:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ fdisk -l /dev/sda
    Disk /dev/sda: 80.0 GB, 80026361856 bytes
    240 heads, 63 sectors/track, 10337 cylinders, total 156301488 sectors
    Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disk identifier: 0xb2f2b2f2
    
       Device Boot    Start                End            Blocks    Id  System
    /dev/sda1   *          63   156280319    78140128+   7  HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
    How can I access this disk and see and rescue files? Thank you for your time and patience.
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 08-15-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Make posting readable

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$81.39



1970s Brother's Printer and Typewriter with Working Floppy Disk picture

1970s Brother's Printer and Typewriter with Working Floppy Disk

$378.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00