It could be helpful to know the version of Knoppix.
You should also describe your system as complete as possible.
Hello, I recently got a Knoppix boot cd but it won't detect any hardware. could someone please help me with this?
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 07-06-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: multiple question marks
It could be helpful to know the version of Knoppix.
You should also describe your system as complete as possible.
Please tell us more!
What Knoppix version?
Integrity of Knoppix DVD tested with the cheatcode
Which computer are you using, size of RAM?Code:knoppix testcd
Hardware ok by then?
What do you see starting with Knoppix?
I'm using a dell latitude. RAM 512mb knoppix 7.2 I think it's boot only.
Windows that is on the computer detects hardware fine. What else do you want to know about the computer? When I boot knoppix i see a knoppix folder on the upper left and at the bottom is the task bar.
Well, Knoppix recognizes your computer, the graphikcard and the monitor.When I boot knoppix i see a knoppix folder on the upper left and at the bottom is the task bar.
What are you missing?
What about "knoppix testcd"?
Did you try the Knoppix menu (1st icon within the taskbar)?
I suggest that you try the following.
- Boot your computer from the Knoppix CD.
- Connect your HDD to the SATA/IDE adapter and switch on the power of your HDD.
- Plug in your USB adapter and open the PCMan Filemanager.
- Tell us if there are new partitions to select.
Hello!
I have HP Compaq nc 6220 and XP Pro SP3 on it, 1GB RAM, C drive 80GB, no other partition. Hard disks crashed. I downloaded and burned Knoppix 7.2 on DVD. When I boot off of it I cannot see HDD and there are no minimize, maximize and close buttons in the window when I open one. Also I cannot move the window. I wrote command ˝cat /proc/partitions˝ (without quotes) and I saw sda1 - my corrupt disk but now I donīt know how to access and rescue files off of it.
When I replace infected HDD with healthy one and boot from the same Knoppix DVD, Knoppix works great but I donīt need it for the healthy disks.
Can anyone help please. Thanks in advance.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Lot Of 5x Netgear 16 Port-POE+ Switches, SFP, 4x PSU. GS316EP (3), GS316EPP (2)
$249.99