-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
otropogo
Just downloaded 7.4 EN. It passed the md5 test, and the burn was verified. But running knoppix testcd, I ended up with a frozen desktop display with text in background reading:
flame name "Elektrosmog size 256x1538" etc. The swirly blue image obscured most of the text.
.....
I downloaded my copy from TUWien
I always download from the torrents, have had too many problems from the mirrors (none from the torrents and that way is faster too).
However, if the MD5 passed then I expect that your download is OK. If not, you can fix it with a torrent client without having to download everything again.
I strongly suspect that your problem could be that you did not burn at low speed. I don't like that this is important, but it really is. I've proven this time after time. Occasionally a high speed burn will boot, but it is far less reliable than a low speed burn.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

74Y6511 IBM 3Gb 2 Port PCI-E x8 SAS RAID Adapter 74Y6512 44V4199 W/ 1x Battery
$99.99