-
Senior Member
Knoppix 7.4 EN locks up with screen displaying "flame-name Elektrosmog" is it hacked?
Just downloaded 7.4 EN. It passed the md5 test, and the burn was verified. But running knoppix testcd, I ended up with a frozen desktop display with text in background reading:
flame name "Elektrosmog size 256x1538" etc. The swirly blue image obscured most of the text.
I rebooted, and saw no error messages, but the boot was the slowest I've seen from a DVD, it showed the root prompt after displaying "graphic environment being loaded - please wait". It took minutes to display the penguin icon, and then finally froze the system with the same Elektrosmog screen.
I had to hit reset, nothing else worked to shut down or reboot.
I tried again, setting acpi=off, but got the same result. The Intel 83865G graphics controller seems to be recognized. No idea what the problem is.
I then tried it in my UEFI laptop, and that system didn't even recognize a bootable efi device, although the efi/boot directory is on the disk, and seems to be complete. Knoppix 7.2 was able to function under the UEFI environment on the same laptop.
Finally, I tried booting the LiveDVD on my ancient Compaq Presario, and there it worked, offering the normal desktop menus with the "compiz" desktop. But operation was so glacially slow, I couldn't really test it. Still, it loaded faster than on the much newer Intel Desktop with a cpu six times faster, and much more and faster RAM.
I downloaded my copy from TUWien
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00