Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Adding commands to shutdown and reboot

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    For example...

    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    1. How do you change audio volume settings?
    2. How do you save volume settings if changed?
    In addition to /etc/rc.local,
    I use the alsamixer gui that comes up using alsamixer in a terminal window, to observe,
    set and record most alsamixer settings. See the attached png.
    This gui shows graphically all the audio settings.

    I use the volume control applet on the lxpanel to change and/or mute the volume control.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Like this

    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    In addition to /etc/rc.local,
    I use the alsamixer gui that comes up using alsamixer in a terminal window, to observe,
    set and record most alsamixer settings. See the attached png.
    This gui shows graphically all the audio settings.

    I use the volume control applet on the lxpanel to change and/or mute the volume control.
    to change volume i just mess around with the LXDE pluginvolume.png

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by jvfc678 View Post
    to change volume i just mess around with the LXDE pluginvolume.png
    I have no experience with the png you show for a Volume Control applet.

    The one I use is the standard lxpanel applet supplied with Knoppix.
    If missing, thie applet I use may be added with
    Right Click lxpanel>Add/Remove Panel Items>Panel Applets>Volume Control>Add

    You might try that.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    I have no experience with the png you show for a Volume Control applet.

    The one I use is the standard lxpanel applet supplied with Knoppix.
    If missing, thie applet I use may be added with
    Right Click lxpanel>Add/Remove Panel Items>Panel Applets>Volume Control>Add

    You might try that.
    That is the same one Im using on the image

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR

$1100.00