-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix 7.4.2 dazzles using uefi.
.
I've seen the light with uefi, but it's too bright for me.
I have two Dell Inspiron laptops: One is a Win7 Model 1545 with Legacy boot,
the other a Win8 Model 3520 with uefi boot.
A Knoppix 7.4.2 LiveUSB with reiserfs persistence developed on the 1545 works
as well on the 3520 with one peculiar exception. The backlight on the 3520 is
uncomfortably bright.
My first attempt to correct this situation was to add a line in /etc/rc.local
commanding 'sudo /usr/bin/xbacklight 60' which works at a command line. But
it doesn't work at rc.local. Apparently /etc/rc.local does not apply after
all other init processes are done, after all.
I recall that it was convenient to use /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45knoppix as a
vehicle to remedy other things that rc.local no longer cured. So I've located
my xbacklight command in 45knoppix as well, and it serves the purpose.
So, I offer this Knoppix work-around if Win8 illumination is just too bright
to accept.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00