Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No gateway for Termnial Server PXE client

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2

    No gateway for Termnial Server PXE client

    Hi,

    using latest 7.4.2 DVD.
    Terminal Server works great after fixing /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver init=/etc/init --> init=/sbin/init.

    I can boot any client over PXE, it's just amazing. But I my client don't get a network gateway for some reason.
    Everything works well on the server side. It's booted under a bridged VirtualBox on Windows 7

    And I cannot add the route manually on clients since I can't get past any su -, sudo or passwd.
    I couldn't figure the password. hahem, sounds stupid but I couldn't find it on Google or this forum.
    Works fine without any password on server though.

    Additionally, I have some device on the LAN that get confused with the terminal server DHCPD: they get IP from its range instead of from the router. Is there a way to avoid this ?

    cheers

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I couldn't figure the password.
    Deactivate the option "secure" within the terminalserver setup, if you want root-access.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Deactivate the option "secure" within the terminalserver setup, if you want root-access.
    thanks, i missed this one, works well now, I can sudo and manually add the gateway and get internet.

    But why isn't the default route set??
    I activated the 3 other options: masq, dns, squid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99