-
I thought I replied, but I don't see it so I'll repost.
The machine is a Compaq CQ60 with Nvidia GeForce 8200m G (correctly identified at boot) with 1366X768. By reviews this is a dog and many game players sought ways to replace the graphics card. I used it to advantage when I needed Windows Vista (rarely, mainly to configure a hearing aid) and tried many distress on it. I had Ubuntu installed from 8 thru now and used several Puppies.
The live version of Knoppix works fine off the DVD (nice screensavers) with impressive list of utilities and useful stuff.
I tried the USB on an old Dell with XP, but the BIOS doesn't support USB boots and it has only a CD drive.
No offense to the magazine, but is there a utility here to swap the background.jpg splash screen? If not, I can still handle that.
I'll study the Cheatcodes which I just discovered.
Thanks for you quick response.
George
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95