-
@ utu
... doing a manual installation ...
What I mean is to use the copy & paste approach as noted in the readme.txt of the .tar.gz downloaded from the Adobe website. It won't get checked by aptitude/apt-get/dpkg and registered in the database.
Just did a quick "manual installation" to upgrade the player to 202.457 and used the flash player tester on the official website to check if the player can play the clip. As usual (for me, at least), the tester complained about the outdated plugin. After I clicked on the grey area but the "Check for updates..." button and asked the iceweasel to allow the plugin, the clip still played.
If the interested video stream is able be played on KNOPPIX 7.2 but 7.4.2, the video is likely to be DRM protected. Then HAL package and the packages on which it depends are needed to pull from wheezy repository. There is another tester on their website to verify if the player is able to play the DRM protected video clip.
Title: Problems playing protected video content | Ubuntu Linux, Flash Player 11
URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/...s-playing.html
[ Do at Your Own Risk ]
In the case of the video stream being embedded in a https web page with mixed content, set the security.mixed_content.block_active_content in the about:config of iceweasel to false. The original info is from https://blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2013/...in-firefox-23/
If it's still no luck, then I cannot be of any help...
-
I donīt remember well now but you only need to download the tar.gz, extract it, and place the libflashplayer.so inside /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins or if you also use firefox inside /usr/lib/firefox/plugins In other live cds it is in /usr/lib/flashplugin/... I donīt remember now if there was an /usr/lib/iceweasel, I am not using knoppix now and I donīt use iceweasel, I normally download firefox and execute it manually, so I was copying libflashplayer.so inside /usr/lib/firefox/plugins and restart.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00