-
Senior Member
registered user
So I guessed right, you were using the System Monitor. There are two because one is from Gnome, the other is from KDE. Both have different purpose and are a little different from each other. KDE-one gives you more control.
To kill a system process sometime you have to be root. Ordinary user-level control won't do.
You are absolutely right in principle about CLI.
su is used to be root in a terminal. ksysguard is the KDE-one
You could use it, or use "kill -9" with su. For that you need the PID. Search anywhere, not necessarily Google. You will get answers.
I don't like to offer everything on a platter. I would then be robbing you of the pleasure of self-discovery. I have given you enough hint.
Regards.
And you are welcome!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99