-
knoppix 7.4.2 persistence
hi,
I have downloaded knoppix 7.4.2 and installed it on usb flash drive using the read only option. At that time I did not want persistence.
Now I need persistence. On earlier versions, knoppix would ask where to create knoppix-data.img if it did not find one in any of the root partitions.
This is not done in this version.
I tried to manually create an img file myself (using dd) and saved it in the root of my harddisk. However this is ignored at boot.
Am I missing something please? A boot flag maybe? Or has the name of the persistent image file changed? Or does it need it to be in a directory called KNOPPIX even when not on the pendrive?
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s
$45.49

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99