-

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
The command from the menu is "systemsettings -caption %c %i", but within Knoppix there are no declarations for %c and %i. Use only "systemsettings".
http://superuser.com/questions/32087...-kubuntu-11-04
Be aware, Knoppix uses LXDE based on Gnome. Many of the systemsettings of KDE will not work with Knoppix.
Thank you; I think I understand to open a Konsole and type systemsettings as a command.
But I'm amazed.
I did notice that Knoppix has both some KDE applications and some Gnome applications, but "ordinary" distributions (originally designed to be installed rather than running from a live CD) also allow installing such mixtures. I guess systemsettings that are designed to affect visual appearance of KDE applications would have no effect on Gnome applications, but I'd expect to be able to set my keyboard layout. Does Knoppix's start menu include a Gnome applet that sets such things? I couldn't find any.
What causes the systemsettings command to crash when it sees parameters that might be "--caption", "", and ""? Or whatever the parser puts in the command line for undefined variables.
Why does Knoppix include non-working commands like this in its menu, instead of just plain "systemsettings"? It seems to me that this is the place to call it a bug. How did it ever survive so long without getting caught?
I used to set the Knoppix command line to keyboard=jp106 and then use an applet under X windows to set the X keyboard to jp. Recently I read that the command line can set both, keyboard=jp106 xkeyboard=jp, but I never remember to type it. I think the X applet that I used to use was KDE system settings and it used to work. (Of course I have to type ^ rather than =, but it echoes as = for the obvious reason.)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99