I'm running a very stripped down(as in, I'd be doing a lot of stripping even if the CD version still existed) harddrive install of Adriane Knoppix based on 7.4.2. My sources.list consists solely of Debian Testing Main and a commented out Knoppix repository, and with a few exceptions, I have replaced package versions sourced from the Knoppix repository with versions sourced from Debian. I try to keep my system up-to-date via Aptitude, but the latest versions of udev and libudev are causing problems. They install just fine, and everything seems to work just fine until I reboot. Being functionally blind and the screen reader built-in to Adriane not loading until the Adriane menu loads, I don't know where in the boot process the problem occurs, but after updating udev and rebooting, my system never gets to the point of loading the screenreader. If anyone knows what might be causing the problem, the location of a log file that might record the error message, or a way to fix the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00