Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    Speedtouch USB help needed (newbie Q)

    Hi,

    I'm completely new to Linux and have been struggling to get my Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem to work. Can someone give me a complete guide to installing it?

    I tried following this link but couldn't overwrite the modules.conf file (I don't know how to log in with admin rights).

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118

    Like I say, I know nothing about linux, so please treat me like an idiot!

    Thanks very much for any help you can offer - if I can get this working, this might solve my laptop problem!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    admin rights you get by using 'root' terminal window or using other session (by pressing CTRL+ALT+F2).
    It could be you first have to set a root password. Do this by opening a root window (K=>Knoppix=>Root..) and type 'passwd' to which you have to give a password.

    Greetzzzz,

    I think I have a complete discription somewhere on how to enable it in windows. I'll send it later. Give it already a try with the root stuff hereabove.

Similar Threads

  1. Help Needed: Newbie : AC 97 Sound Card (Dell Dimension 8300)
    By ganesh_narayanan_cm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
  2. NIC newbie- onboard adapter help needed
    By nishtya in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:11 AM
  3. Complete newbie question i alcatel speedtouch usb.
    By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
  5. Newbie basic advice needed
    By ellen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY picture

ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY

$359.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25