Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Novell client installation

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154

    Novell client installation

    I installed the Novell client that I got via Novell's webpage from the SourceForge site, and entered all the default options. It downloaded a lot of stuff, and seemed to install properly. Now I have a novell client icon on the k menu, but when I click it, I just get a big N on the cursor for a few seconds, then it disapears, I was sort of expecting a login prompt - what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    What happens when you run the client from within a terminal window? This may help you by providing any error messages as clues...

    Also, have you tried running it as root? Could it be a rights / permissions issue?

    Good to see people asking questions about Novell again...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154
    I don't think it's a permissions issue - I get the same thing running it as root, I can't seem to get it to run at all in a terminal though.
    One other thing, when I log out to log in as another user, my laptop always shuts down and powers off, rather than letting me log in again - I'm sure this is a power management issue - any ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to setup printing to Novell Pr Q
    By kp400 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 06:40 PM
  2. SCO's claim debunked by Novell
    By Mistshadow in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 03:57 PM
  3. How to add support for NWFS (Novell Netware 386)?
    By KnightFire in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 02:25 AM
  4. Trying to install Novell client, ownership problems...
    By Tortoise in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 02:56 AM
  5. Novell (Now-Well) client installation problem
    By Tortoise in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY picture

ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY

$359.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95