Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: saving modprobe settings for cd reboot

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10

    saving modprobe settings for cd reboot

    Hello
    I'm booting from cd (3.2) and have to su>modprobe>etc for my network card. Although I have been saving settings via the gui to my hd1, most of which stick when I boot with myconfig=scan, I have to re-enter the modprobe and netcardconfig each time I run Knoppix.

    I know I can enter the commands into a file that will remain on the hd, and execute when I boot the cd but where, how?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202
    open a console
    create any file with
    sudo kedit myfile
    then put this into

    #!/bin/bash

    modprobe etc etc
    etc etc


    then right click over myfile, properties, permissions and enable execute.
    Now you have an script file.
    To execute
    sudo myfile

Similar Threads

  1. saving settings
    By ozgurgerilla in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
  2. Not Saving Over reboot
    By newUser2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
  3. Volume Settings not staying after reboot
    By glidetothehoop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 02:44 PM
  4. Problems keeping settings across reboot
    By TheTempest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 10:30 PM
  5. saving settings
    By ankit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00