Hello, Dave.
What configuration of 7.6 are you using?
If it's a LiveDVD or a poor-man's install, you need persistence to keep your changes.
If you did an install to flash disk, that should be working.
When I boot Knoppix (7.6.0) I have to reset my time zone and wallpaper each time. Is there a remedy for this minor annoyance?
Hello, Dave.
What configuration of 7.6 are you using?
If it's a LiveDVD or a poor-man's install, you need persistence to keep your changes.
If you did an install to flash disk, that should be working.
I made a HD install from the live DVD. It's a reiser partition, 19G, of which I seem to be using 13G at the moment. I tried unsuccessfully to install to a flash disk, maybe unsuccessful because the disk was a cheap generic kind and somehow didn't boot.
See at http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix760-en.html
→ Update: Computers without DVD drive
how to do a Flash install without burning the DVD. But first of all check your download
http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes → Check the ISO
Thanks again. I see what my problem was with the flash (I had a fat32 format on the drive). I still don't understand why the boot is incomplete, however. I'll check the iso for accuracy.
Hello again, Dave.
The Knoppix 7.6 LiveDVD iso itself is slightly too big for fat32.
The iso itself must be saved on a filesystem like ntfs or linux to begin with, not fat32.
The LiveUSB itself should be fat32 formatted initially.
A safe way to proceed is to actually to make a LiveDVD and then 'install to flash disk'
from the LiveDVD to make a LiveUSB with persistence.
HTH

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
CISCO CVR-X2-SFP10G X2 to SFP+ 10GB 74-6321-03 Converter Module *Lot of 14”
$115.19
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90