-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for the info, I think I've got this figured out finally.

Originally Posted by
ICPUG
As is always the case with the Linux Magazine /CeBIT edition of Knoppix what is released is the Live DVD that would be formed if you burnt the iso to DVD. The iso itself is not made available as far as I am aware. You buy the magazine - you get the DVD - you boot up with it and go.
It's important to note that Linux Magazine is a European pub. The same issue in Linux Pro Magazine has a different , non-Knoppix DVD offering.

Originally Posted by
ICPUG
Here the German page describes 7.7, but the English page describes 7.6.
This may be because there seems to be no English Knoppix CeBIT sessions scheduled.

Originally Posted by
ICPUG
My German is non-existant but I can see from that page that 7.7 uses a later version of the linux kernel than 7.6. Then there is the additional software I mentioned in this 'exclusive' CeBIT edition.
The 7.7 3d stuff is probably the same as in 7.6.
I expect the really new stuff in 7.7 other than current version upgrades of everything, are the following:
BFQ kernel patch, a new backup program, and behind the scenes, an upgraded libc6 to get around its
long-standing vulnerability.
If I'm right, only the BFQ stuff interests me; but, I really wonder if BFQ has anything to offer in a single-user situation.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Hybrid Arts EZ-Track ST (with X-MAS Seal) for ATARI ST Computers
$149.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)
$6999.99