-
syslinux.cfg
Hi,
Please bear with me, this is my first post.
I have installed Knoppix to my HDD, and I want if to boot with the cheatcode "fb800x600". I have added this to the APPEND line in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg and /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg but to no avail. Please help! My Knoppix install is perfect appart from having to type "fb800x600" every time I boot up.
Thank-you for your time,
petemaxi.
-
If you did a HD installation of Knoppix you have to edit '/boot/grub/menu.lst'. Append at the end of the line "kernel /boot/vnlinuz ..." your wanted cheatcode. By the way, if you know the available resolution of your computer (Laptop?) you may try the cheatcode "screen=...".
-
Hi,
Tried this on every kernel line and the defoptions line but to no avail, it still only works if I explicitly type fb800x600 at the startup screen. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
-
Which kind of installation have you really done?
→ http://knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Har...e_Installation
And tell us more about your computer.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-25-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00