Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: can't find display controls, synaptic broken filter is broken.

Threaded View

  1. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
    I have discovered that Knoppix nowadays often leaves the persistence file system with errors.
    I also note that persistence files can occasionally get corrupted; usually in my case, from imperfect
    shut-downs. It helps to have a pristine backup of persistence files, just in case.
    I find it useful to occasionally examine what dmesg has to say in this regard:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep -i corrupt
    This will not only find problems with persistence, it will uncover similar problems
    which may have crept into Windows and data partitions.

    An additional technique I use is to make cloop overlays of well-developed persistence files
    as additional fat32-partition-KNOPPIX[n] files which are pretty much immune to shut-down corruption.
    After adding such an overlay, I immediately use gparted to create a new 'empty' (reiser)
    persistence file for additional changes which I might make to my Knoppix LiveUSB.

    I try to minimize whatever is left to additional read/write persistence. After I get my Knoppix
    'immunized' somewhat in this way, I consider on-going r/w persistence as 'temporary' and just
    resurrect from notes any losses due to imperfect shut-downs.
    A minimalistic back-up of small r/w persistence files is an obvious alternative I might use here.
    Last edited by utu; 04-01-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module

$25.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP picture

NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP

$304.00