It would be nice if Evolution was included. Not sure what would have to be done with Ximian to get it done.
Joshua SS Miller
It would be nice if Evolution was included. Not sure what would have to be done with Ximian to get it done.
Joshua SS Miller
Well, Evolution is GPL software - so the Ximian's need not be involved at all. Not to say that Miguel and Nat wouldn't be glad about the inclusion of Evolution into Knoppix - or any distribution, for that matter!It would be nice if Evolution was included. Not sure what would have to be done with Ximian to get it done.
well, the evolution package itself is almost 25 megs, plus the other packages it's dependant on. I don't think it's really necessary in Knoppix, but you're always free to customize it to your heart's content![]()
I love kmail but evolution seems to be alot more solid and fast when doing imap(s). I understand that Gnome is already installed so it should not take too much additional packages... but I do understand that it takes up a bit of space. Maybe substitute Phoenix for Mozilla?
Evolution's benefits is that it is a decent pim also. It is still one of the better client-side pims that I have run across in Linux.
If I remember Evolution was already included in Knoppix - at least in 2003 CeBIT version - together with OpenOffice and KDE and Gnome and .... It's a pitty that it's not part of standard release now. What about removing other unimportant stuff like those games ... and include Evolution ??![]()
That would be cool![]()
seth
Dito!
for me, I prefer KDE-only software - no evolution, no open-office, no mozilla. which whould save alot space too... but I think I should make a remaster myself to have this. which migt take some time, cuz I just started with linux![]()

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00