Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trying to use Knoppix 7.6 DVD as rescue in Virtualbox

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1

    Trying to use Knoppix 7.6 DVD as rescue in Virtualbox

    I am doing a linux course. On a Windows 7 PC I have installed Virtualbox. Inside Virtualbox I have CentOS 6.7 and Ubuntu.
    Now is the topic rescue cd. So I have downloaded Knoppix 7.6.1. I can boot the pc with the DVD and get what I guess is the grafical UI of knoppix.

    However, when I use Virtualbox and try to start the CentOS virtual machine it starts to boot from Knoppix OK but stops with:
    Konnte Disk nicht nach /mnt-system mounten. Starte debugging shell:
    sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

    Can somebody tell me if this is supposed to work or am I trying the impossible?

    Thank you and regards,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Is your virtual machine created as 32 bit ? I run Virtualbox 64 bit on a 64 bit Linux host, and I cannot boot Knoppix on a 32 bit virtual machine, although I specifically choose the 32 bit kernel by wriing "knoppix xkeyboard=dk" when booting. Adding no3d makes no difference. It hangs at "Booting the kernel". On a 64 bit virtual machine I can boot Knoppix 32 bit and 64 bit without problems, even without no3d.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99