Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I get a full output of "lspci -v" ? (Can't see HDD)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    The 'lspci -v' command is run in a terminal. It will list your processors, nothing else.

    When you run GParted (from Menu > Preferences), do you see your hard drive partitions? If yes, what is the Information provided by GParted when you right-click on each of them?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    The 'lspci -v' command is run in a terminal. It will list your processors, nothing else.

    When you run GParted (from Menu > Preferences), do you see your hard drive partitions? If yes, what is the Information provided by GParted when you right-click on each of them?
    Thanks for your help philo. In fact I think your question may have made the penny drop.

    I can see the partitions just fine using GParted. There are 3 plus an "unallocated" residue of 1.34MB.
    2 show as ntfs ( "SYSTEM_DRV" ( /dev/sda1 ) and "Lenovo_Recovery" (/dev/sda3 ) )
    The other, /dev/sda2, has file system "unknown". This is 281GB and is surely the old C: that I disk-encrypted using Truecrypt. (And whose password I forgot :O )

    But I see when I right-click on any partition that amongst other options I can "Reformat to" any one of a long list of formats.

    Presumably I can just do that to the old 281GB Truecrypt partition and Reformat to (say) ext4, and then install a Linux system like ubuntu onto that partition?

    Many thanks again for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

$101.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99