Probably the Tips and Tricks forum would be a good place for this.
OK guys, i'm gonna try to be serious for this...
How about a Software topic? where we can all tell our fairy tales bout how we got such-and-such to work etc? Seems to me, if we all gonna ditch Windows we gonna be running summmat in place of the software we're used to and personally I'd like to know what is out there and how well it runs.
BTW When I say 'used to' I mean Windows software eg.. Photoshop, Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator etc...
I need to use these packages, otherwise WinXp would be gone from my PC......... and that's after only 3 weeks experience using Debian.
Bugger me, I actually spell-checked this post
Regards, Mike.
PS Somebody tell Rickenbachurous to buy a Fender.........
Probably the Tips and Tricks forum would be a good place for this.
Go to the site for equivalent Win/Linux programs
http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/
Hi All
I agree that a little help and discussion of the KNOPPIX
programs would be best clasified in an applications section.
Of course it would have to be limited to basics. Vounteers
would be needed. But this could benifit this project.
Hi w.nelson Thanks for the nice lists.
The German forum has such a section:
Anwendungen
http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb...eindex;start=0
Best Wishes
paradocs

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU
$385.00