Do not type any command. What happens?
I have Knoppix 8.1 from the Linux Magazine. When I boot from the DVD I can see Knoppix Welcome screen. When I give the command knoppix64 in the boot prompt Knoppix begins to scan my harddrives but do not find ”itself” in the cd-slot and then stops.
My computer has an ordinary Bios not UEFI.
I managed to solve that problem. I wrote knoppix64 /dev/sr0 in the command prompt.
But this is the problem I hope someone can help me with:
I installed Knoppix using the install function in Knoppix to a flashdisk with a persistence partition. Now I have the same problem as above. It scans the drives but cannot find the usb-stick.
Gparted in Knoppix tells me the usb-drive is sdg with two partitions /dev/sdg1 and /dev/sdg2 for the persistence partition.
No boot with the command ”Knoppix64 /dev/sdg1”
What command should I use?
Is this a bug or not? In my opinion yes.
Do not type any command. What happens?
Without any commands the same. Begins scanning my drives:
Searching for Knoppix 8.1 in: /dev/"scanning my harddisks drives" and then nothing.
Same thing on my second computer with an ordinary old Bios.
For comparision another bootable USB-stick ( TAILS ) boots directly with the same boot order in Bios.
On another computer, a laptop with UEFI, Knoppix boots when secure boot is off and legacy boot enabled.
Download a fresh iso from one of the knoppix mirrors , checksum, burn it and use it for a fresh installation.

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco 10-3388-01 SFP-10/25G-CSR-S SFP28 CSR 10G/25G MMF 850nm LC Transceiver
$105.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
CISCO SFP-GE-Z , 1000BASE-ZX SFP 1550nm 70km DOM
$69.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00