Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
I'd love to see a ppc Knoppix too. One that runs on old-world Macs not just the expensive new ones like the Gentoo disc.

They say that people who use Macs are more educated and make more money. I'd say that's because more educated people make more money and you have to make ALOT of money to buy a Mac. My boss just spent $2000 for a 14" mac notebook. It's a teeny tiny little thing- hardly justifiable. You could have the baddest x86 Barton in the world for 2G's!

Macos is just as awful if not worse than M$ IMO. This old ppc I have is almost worthless running macos 8.1. It's slow, has to be rebooted every time you change anything and it is completely unconfigurable. They only give you cute little icons to click on and hope they actually do something.

Isn't it interesting that Mac also switched to NIX? That fact alone speaks volumes.
I have to object to many of the comments here! The MacOS has always been perfectly tuned to the state of the art, which means that the newest OS is always too big and too slow on 10 year old Macs, and insanely fantastic on the newest ones. As opposed to M$ where things work the other way round: the OS is designed around yesterday's hardware, not tomorrow's.

I am educated and make some money, so I work with macs and play with linux. I would really have fun with a live knoppix cd on my iBook, and show it to all my mac friends, use it to give talks at conferences...