Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem adding .conf to /etc/pcmcia

  1. #1

    Problem adding .conf to /etc/pcmcia

    I have a Microsoft Wireless card that has issues. I can't get online. I says that the site is unavailable. To make a long story short I found a .conf file that will let linux recognize the card so long as I paste it into the /etc/pcmcia directory. This brings me to my problem.

    I save the .conf file to a floppy while on Windows. It saves it as an html file but when I get into Knoppix I believe that the . I boot knoppix, copy the file from the floppy to the desktop, move the file to the directory /etc/pcmcia. While moving an error box pops up saying that I do not have access to the drive (or something of the sort. I didn't write it down, sorry). I used the rootme command in the root shell because I thought that if I became root then I would have access but it doesn't help (I'm a total newb to Knoppix and the whole Linux scene).

    Please help, and thanks in advance! If any of my computer specs are needed just post and ask, PM me, or send an instant message to me on AIM @ FeelConscious. Thanks Again!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    how can you use a configure file designed for window under linux ? to my knowledge, that is impossible.

    as for your root access problem, I believe there is a root console option in KNOPPIX and if you can't find it, just do a :

    "sudo sh"

    in any console

  3. #3
    Sorry for the mix up. Its a linux configuration file for the Microsoft Wireless card. I understand how to gain root privileges and how to open up the root console, but this still doesn't fix my problem. Im running knoppix off of a cd. Does this make any difference?

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering problem adding a directory to /proc
    By pppreese in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 06:38 PM
  2. Problem with adding new kernel
    By Mishaa in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 02:09 AM
  3. adding the WEP key causes problem
    By ORION in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 02:47 AM
  4. Adding Knoppix to Lilo.conf
    By hairston4 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2003, 05:28 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed, 100% Genuine CISCO GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP RJ-45 30-1410-04 Module v04 picture

NEW Sealed, 100% Genuine CISCO GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP RJ-45 30-1410-04 Module v04

$38.00