the cd is fine, the md5 matches, i have a sony laptop with a seperate dock that has the cdrom...thats the problem
I'm running Knoppix 3.2 from the cd and i get this error message when it starts booting to the kernel.
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit."
I CANNOT get passed this no matter what i do....HELP!
the cd is fine, the md5 matches, i have a sony laptop with a seperate dock that has the cdrom...thats the problem
that is indeed the problem. the booting process can support IDE/SCSI CD-ROM and most likely than not, your CD-ROM is using an interface like firewire or may be USB etc.
I have a related problem. I can boot and use Knoppix on my three (different) desktop machines without any problems whatsoever, both directly from the CD-R and via a boot floppy - so obviously both the CD image and the floppy image are OK. However, when I try to boot my Toshiba T2100CS laptop with the floppy, the Knoppix file on the CD-R cannot be found - not surprisingly since the CD drive is connected via a PCMCIA card. My question is therefore: is there a suitable cheatcode to instruct the Knoppix kernel on the boot floppy to load an appropriate PCMCIA driver and thus find the Knoppix file on the CD-R?
David Burn
try booting with:
knoppix ide2=0x180,0x386
I'm getting the same problem but it is cleared when no hardive is plgged in so I don't think it is the CD please help.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm a newbie so please reply in plain english.
try this thread
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=71501#71501

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$292.66
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99