If I cant solve the problem, is there any way to simply load knoppix and skip the hard-drive? Can knoppix even recognize a NTFS disk(IOW is my RAID the problem?)?
TIA, L J
Yes, I'm a newbie to this forum(first post!).
I'm mostly successfully running Knoppix off a CD-R, however when I try to access my hard drive I get this such error:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hde1,
or too many mounted file systems"
The drive in question is actually a pair of drives in a RAID 0 array, the RAID controller is on-board Promise RAID(on a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP). The file-system in question is NTFS, from Windows 2000.
This is my first day to really successfully run Linux(first day with Knoppix). What should I try to access my hard-drive?
TIA, L J
If I cant solve the problem, is there any way to simply load knoppix and skip the hard-drive? Can knoppix even recognize a NTFS disk(IOW is my RAID the problem?)?
TIA, L J
The reason you are getting that error is that by default KNOPPIX doesn't load an HPT370/372 raid driver. Yes, you can read from NTFS, but cannot write back to it using KNOPPIX unless you do it by command line as root, even then, you don't want to from linux, because linux and NTFS file-systems don't really get along too well.
Try this link for help with getting raid going.
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hol...cript/download

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99