-
Changing some stuff inside /home/knoppix
Hi everybody,
I'm making a remastered version of Knoppix, with another version of openoffice.org and some additional translations for mozilla. I'd like both to automatically start with the correct settings for my native language instead of popping up the setup tool, so I've put the .mozilla and .openoffice into /etc/skel. But... after burning the CD and rebooting, I can notice that the .mozilla is well in /home/knoppix, but not .openoffice. Not all files from /etc/skel seems to be copied actually - and if I remember correctly the original openoffice config were stored in /etc/skel/.soffice. Any idea about how is /home/knoppix built would be very welcome, since I have to submit the master CD to be burnt and distributed with a computer magazine soon! 
Just the same, but I'd like to remove some icons of KDE's kicker. But the kde config in /etc/skel is just different from the one in /home/knoppix. Actually /etc/skel seems just to be used when you install Knoppix on your HD, unless I missed something...
Thanks!
Alex.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 05:20 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
-
By jsteffan in forum News
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:05 PM
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board
$599.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00