-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix on 1.2 GB
Hello !
I have a hard drive problem with installing knoppix 3.2.
my hdd is only 1.2 GB, is there any method to install knoppix on it.
packages selection or something like that. I have tried to decrease FSMIN in knx-hdinstall and I also removed some packages using dpkg.
is it possible to clone such decreased installation to other disk?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have a look here at the customized versions. You can also remaster your own version if so inclined.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix on 1.2 GB

Originally Posted by
Rivendell
Hello !
I have a hard drive problem with installing knoppix 3.2.
my hdd is only 1.2 GB, is there any method to install knoppix on it.
packages selection or something like that. I have tried to decrease FSMIN in knx-hdinstall and I also removed some packages using dpkg.
is it possible to clone such decreased installation to other disk?
You can also try KnoppixKDE it will install on the drive and maybe you will even have enough space left over for a /swap partition. It uses about 1.1gb IIRC.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile
$35.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00

Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module
$105.00