-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: How to delete files
--News flash: for system administration, you have to be root.
--I use ' mc ' pretty much exclusively for deleting files. "Tag" files/directories using Insert key, F8 to delete.
--What problems are you having accessing drives? Common problems are no r/w access to NTFS, (blame MS) and drives being mounted read-only by default from CD.

Originally Posted by
microsoft_sucks
On another thread in this forum I talked about getting access to one of my linux hard drives, well that option failed and I am not smart enough to really login as root and backup through the gui so after loooking in my HD I saw that I have a lot of files I can delete. So i tried to delete them and move them to the trash but I could do neither. I have read access to both of these files, but I think the owner is root, that is who I downloaded them with. Anyway my question is how do I delete files in knoppix, in fact if you know how to delete files from failsafe that would be even better, thanks a lot, and the files I want to delete are :
/halflife/hlds_l_3110_full.bin
/halflife/cstrike_full.tar.gz
Similar Threads
-
By superba in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 05:55 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:06 AM
-
By Accumet8000 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By hebo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 12:22 PM
-
By anton26 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99