Is there a way to switch from kde to windowmaker on the fly? I heard that there is and would like to know how to change window managers.
Thanks!![]()
Is there a way to switch from kde to windowmaker on the fly? I heard that there is and would like to know how to change window managers.
Thanks!![]()
Hrm, that sucks!
I need to know too. I'd like to use twm remotly, via VNC.
I have vnc all setup, but it still wants to use KDE. And I can't restart the box, because it's remote.
The following assumes you are running from CD:
open a root console (ctrl-alt-f1) in the root console use this command:
telinit 1
then
telinit 3
these commands put the computer into runlevel 1, single user mode, then back into multiuser console mode.
now you need to become user knoppix and cd to user knoppix's home directory so use the following commands:
su knoppix
cd
now use a text editor to make a .xinitrc file and in it put a line like this:
exec wmaker
(or exec twm )
then save the file,
and then use this command:
startx
One note, unfortunately twm is partially in english and partially in german in knoppix.
HTH
--rock

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99