-
Senior Member
registered user
Trying to make a root crontab, not working....
I ran crontab -e as root and scheduled some scripts to run periodically, but it didn't save. I'm chrooted into an uncompressed filesystem that's ready for remastering.
It says that there's no root crontab and that its saving, but then says no changes were made to crontab. And when I run crontab -e a second time, I get back to a blank crontab.
Is there something I'm missing here? Should I make a crontab for the knoppix user and "# * * * * su -c root /my/script" in order to run the scripts as root? One of my scripts has to be run as root or it won't work. Maybe I could just setuid that script and just run it as knoppix?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By goudiemark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
-
By socalgail in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By Axe in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 09:41 PM
-
By Cyberian LNX in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 02:07 PM
-
By Edwin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99