Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to copy the repertory /dev/*, can I copy nodes???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    How to copy the repertory /dev/*, can I copy nodes???

    Hello,

    I am trying to build a new bootable CD with my RedHat installation on it.

    So I want to copy all my data : /usr /bin /etc ... and then add the Knoppix boot and autodetection parameters.
    Once it has been done, I want to "cloop" it an burn it on a cdrom.

    But the problem is that I can't copy my /dev directory. I can't copy the nodes with the cp command.
    How can I do to put a second /dev directory on my hard drive (in /tmp/dev per exemple) ??

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30
    use cp -R not cp -r the capital R ignores device nodes. That should fix your problem. I am curious how you will go about building an iso from an installed redhat system. Do you have detailed instructions on how to do this? If so could you please reply to this post and let me know how you did it, if not could you please point me in the right direction, IE docs that could help me unserstand how this is done. Thanks

    my email is [email protected]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    hello ignuu,

    Thank you for the information I'll try it this evening

    I don't have any information on the way to procede to perform an RedHat installation on a CD like Knoppix.
    But I want to try it in order to learn more about the way that linux takes when it boot.
    The only informations I get now is the documentation available on the Knoppix cd (pdf files) + infos about how to compress files with the cloop utilitie that I compiled an launched on my PC (//knopper.net/knoppix/sources)

    I hope I will be able to adapt the autoconfiguration files used on Knoppix for my redhat distribution.
    If it works (with the help of God....) I'll tell it to you, but nothing I think that it is a long work....

Similar Threads

  1. Can't Copy Why?
    By Loserkid in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 07:23 AM
  2. how do i copy
    By inurenegade in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 11:58 AM
  3. can't copy to hdd
    By stewball in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:49 PM
  4. copy to hdd
    By xyzbob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
  5. Where can I get a copy of 3.2?
    By jims in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Mellanox 655874-B21  655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678 picture

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678

$13.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$33.94



10GbE 10GFC SFP+ LC SW 850nm IBM 78P1661 31P1549 Finisar FTLX8571D3BCL-IK Qty 8 picture

10GbE 10GFC SFP+ LC SW 850nm IBM 78P1661 31P1549 Finisar FTLX8571D3BCL-IK Qty 8

$88.00



CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED picture

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED

$39.99