-
Junior Member
registered user
howto add users after hd install by copy from cdrom
I installed knoppix 3.2 (2003-06-06 EN) onto a free partition of my hard disk by following the FAQ instructions:
* run knoppix from the cdrom
* mount the partition
* copy the directory tree
* fix fstab and lilo (in my case, grub)
* create a user directory "knoppix"
It works, GREAT! Now I would like to create a couple more users, with passwords, and have root have a password too, with a normal login procedure at start up. Could someone please explain (at newbie level) how to do this?
I did manage to make knoppix into a nopasswd sudoer so I can log in to a terminal as root and from there do anything I like, of course. [I edited the /etc/sudoers file, having mounted my knoppix partition from another OS]
Or should I start all over, running knx-hdinstall? (which I didn't know existed till too late)
Similar Threads
-
By dtz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
-
By nosirrah in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 12:49 PM
-
By JPWhite in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 05:48 AM
-
By adamm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 10:17 PM
-
By sepht in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00