BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
I have run Knoppix from the CD twice and tried the so-called "poor (wo)man's" install. On my Win 2K partition I had a Favorite Linux folder and also got a few emails (in Outlook) signifying answers to my earlier post. These emails and the Linux folder mysteriously disappeared. Can anyone shed some light here?
Thanks.
BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
Assuming that you didn't try writing to Win 2K (presumably NTFS) from Knoppix, then it's some kind of Outlook problem. I hear NASA had a similar problem during one of the space missions.
BTW, Outlook is probably the most dangerous thing you can have on a computer: do consider (maybe over a couple of tequillas) using something else.

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer
$200.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC II — Recapped, Restored & Working — System 7.1, 80MB
$159.00
ORIGINAL PACKAGING Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Classic Apple IIe Model
$899.00
Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras
$149.99
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Vintage Apple Mac OS X Version 10.1 Upgrade CD 2001
$15.00
Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad
$199.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99